MISHKEEGOGAMANG — Police have arrested two additional suspects alleged to have been involved in a violent incident in Mishkeegogamang First Nation earlier this month.
One of the accused is a youth now charged with multiple counts of failure to comply with a release order.
The Nishnawbe Aski Police Service initiated an investigation on Aug. 5 into an incident that saw several individuals engage in an altercation outside a local residence.
They said two males armed with blunt objects had smashed windows at the home, precipitating a violent clash with another group of males.
Two people sustained injuries that required their transfer to hospital in Thunder Bay, police said.
Four individuals were charged at the time with various offences, but the investigation continued.
Now, NAPS has arrested a 16-year-old and an 18-year-old man on charges of aggravated assault and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose. The youth is also charged with eight counts of failing to comply with a release order.
Both individuals were remanded into custody Monday for future dates before a judge.
The 16-year-old cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
It is Newswatch policy not to name people facing criminal accusations when we are unlikely to follow the case to its conclusion in the courts.